eSIM ExclusiveFirst in Indonesia, connected without a physical SIM card
Enjoy Dual SIM features in one smartphone
Connect to a more stable network
Easy and Practical
No need to use a physical SIM card
Check the types of devices that support eSIM
iPhone Pro Max
iPhone 12 Mini
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone XS Max
iPad Air 3
iPad Pro (11″)
Galaxy Note 20
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
Galaxy Z Flip
Galaxy Fold 2
Galaxy Z FLIP3
Enjoy various selection of eSIM that make it easy for you to communicate with just one steps
Have a question?
Check the answers about the product here
- 1. What is smartfren eSIM?
eSIM is a new standard developed by GSMA and used worldwide. eSIM allows users to access the Smartfren network to the device without using a physical SIM card. eSIM stores phone numbers, subscription packages, network configurations that allow your device to connect to the Smartfren network.
- 2. What are the advantages of eSIM?
Optimizing the iPhone feature where customers can use dual-sim on the iPhone (physical SIM card & eSIM), so that customers are more flexible in managing data, telephone and SMS service preferences. With eSIM, customers can enjoy other interesting services from smartfren.
- 3. What devices support the use of eSIM in Indonesia?
Apple iPad 7, Apple iPad Air 3, Apple iPad mini 5, Apple iPad Pro (11″), Apple iPad Pro 2 (11″), Apple iPhone 11, Apple iPhone 11 Pro, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple iPhone 12, Apple iPhone 12 mini, Apple iPhone 12 Pro, Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Apple iPhone SE 2020, Apple iPhone XR, Apple iPhone XS, Apple iPhone XS Max, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4 XL, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 4a 5G, Google Pixel 5, Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei Mate 40, Microsoft Surface Duo, Microsoft Surface Pro X, Samsung Galaxy Note20, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic LTE, Samsung Galaxy Z FLIP3, Samsung Galaxy Z FOLD3.
For more information check on this page
- 4. Does Smartfren change the settings on devices that use eSIM?
No, Smartfren does not change any settings on devices that use eSIM. The eSIM feature is attached to the customer's device and Smartfren as the provider that provides the first eSIM service in Indonesia.
- 5. How do I activate eSIM on my phone?
Get eSIM QR code through smartfren galleries and some outlets that collaborate with smartfren. Make sure your device is connected to the internet before scanning the QR code. Scan the QR code from your device, continue the installation process until it's finished, then Smartfren eSIM will automatically installed on your device.
- 6. What are the limitations of eSIM?
- eSIM can only be downloaded to one device. You are not allowed to scan other devices after eSIM profile is active on the previous device. For that, make sure you scan the QR code for the first time on the device you are going to use.
- You can re-scan up to ten times on the same device. Make sure you safely store your code.
- 7. Can I use my current number with eSIM?
Yes, you can upgrade your old number to eSIM for Rp. 15,000.
- 8. What should I do if I accidentally delete my eSIM profile from my device?
You can easily download the SIM profile back to your device by re-scanning the QR code that you got earlier. The maximum number of re-download is ten times and can only be done from the same device.
- 9. How long does it take to download the eSIM profile?
Download speed will depend on your internet connection.
- 10. What if I lost my QR code? How can I reuse it?
You can visit the nearest Smartfren Gallery to get the same QR code again.
- 11. What if there is a failure while scanning the QR code?
1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
2. Check the lighting conditions that may affect the camera when you scan the QR.
3. Check whether the QR code is damaged or not.
4. If the device still has problems, please contact Smartfren Customer Care team
- 12. Can I move my eSIM profile that I have used to another device?
You cannot re-scan using the same QR code from another device. You can only re-scan from the same device. To move your eSIM profile to another device, you have to migrate through Smartfren gallery to get a new QR code.
- 13. When I do a device service, do I have to remove the eSIM smartfren from my device?
Yes, we recommend deleting the eSIM profile first so that your phone number is not misused by other parties.
- 14. What if a customer wants to contact Smartfren's call center regarding eSIM information or complaints regarding Smartfren services?
To connect with our Call Center, Customers can go through the following channels:
1. Call Center 888 to call from Smartfren numbers
2. Telephone numbers 021-50100000 and 08811223344 to call from PSTN or other operator numbers
3. Facebook Smartfren
4. Twitter: @Smartfrencare
5. Email: Can be accessed via Contact Us page on our website here.
6. Chat: Can be accessed through the smartfren website (Smarty robot icon) and MySmartfren application
We are here 24/7 hours for you